During the first 7 months of 2018 our volunteers have donated an amazing 1,400 hours of their time to help us make the River Holme a better place for people, business and wildlife.
This achievement is even more amazing when you consider that we've already smashed the 1,142 volunteer hours that we registered throughout the whole of 2017.
Chair, Adrian Barraclough, said:
"We can't thank our volunteers enough. It's their continued support and dedication that's allowing us to make a real difference and improve the River Holme for future generations."
Volunteering to your strengths
This year our incredible volunteers have donated the equivelant of 175 working days of help, including:
- Litter picking, clearing and planting during our Third Saturday Work Parties.
- Removed invasive species such as Himalayan balsam. Our Monday evening balsam bashers worked especially hard to clear this non-native plant from river banks.
- Marketing specialists have helped design our website, leaflets and other promotional material to help us spread the word.
- Guest authors have written blogs for our website.
- Photographers have taken some truly spectacular photos of our beautiful landscape.
- Educating young people, painting bridges, and more...
Together we can do more
We still want to do more. With more than a third of the year to go, we'd like to reach 2,000 volunteer hours, and encourage even more people to look after our river.
Everyone has their strengths, so whatever you want to do - write blogs, pick litter, count species, teach young people... please get in touch.
Every little helps, so whether you can spare half an hour, an hour or more, once a week, once a month or more, we'd be grateful of your help.
In the meantime, we'd just like to say thanks again!