At River Holme Connections we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data that we obtain.
This policy will explain:
- What data we hold?
- What do we do with this data?
- Where your data is stored?
- Keeping your data secure
- Disclosing your information
- Your rights
- Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
- How long is your personal information kept by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
- Contact information
What data we hold?
We hold names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and notes on relevant interests. If you have made a donation to the charity, then associated financial data is kept. We also keep a record of volunteer hours.
What we do with this data?
We use your data to keep you up-to-date with information about the charity including news, events, fundraising and volunteering opportunities. Number of volunteer hours is used to report to existing funders and may be included in funding bids. A record of donations may be used to claim Gift Aid from HMRC.
Where your data is stored?
All personal data is stored either electronically or manually.
Keeping your data secure
We take the safekeeping of personal data seriously and take all reasonable measures to ensure a level of security.
Desktop PC has a secure password.
The central database has a secure password.
All passwords are changed regularly.
All paper copies of personal data are kept within a locked office.
Disclosing your information
We only share information with third parties where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so. This might include governmental and regulatory bodies such as HMRC.
You have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com write to River Holme Connections, Honley Business Hub, 13 / 15 Westgate, Honley, West Yorkshire HD9 6AA. This information will be passed to you within a 72-hour period.
Please notify us by telephone or email if you want your personal details to be removed from our records or if your details change.
You have an option to unsubscribe from our Mailchimp newsletter and this appears at the bottom of the newsletter.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA.
How long is your personal information kept by us?
Financial data associated with Gift Aid declarations and records are kept for 6 years after the end of the tax year they relate to; 12 months after the charity makes a Gift Aid repayment claim for that tax year.
Non-financial personal data is kept for as long as you are associated with the charity.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
The named Data Protection Officer for the charity is Mike Williams who can be contacted on 01484 661756 or in writing to River Holme Connections, Honley Business Hub, 13 / 15 Westgate, Honley, West Yorkshire HD9 6AA.